Saturday, June 28, 2008

Summer Sucks!

Wow.. over a month and no updates from me. I've been so busy since the summer set in here, which I hate by the way... summer that is. When people all over the world are getting overly excited about lazy summer days and spending time outdoors in warm weather, I'm usually cringing with disgust at the thought of heat, humidity and the constant ick of Karachi summers. You'd have to experience just one summer in Karachi to develop a hatred for the season. I can't describe it, but I love to hate it!!

Aside from getting the house in order during the day, keeping the kids busy and then taking them out almost every evening to discover new and exciting places, I've done nothing for me.. surprise, surprise!! I did think about getting my hair cut, but haven't gotten around to that either. So, now it's just hanging down my back, past my waist and doing nothing. It's probably adding ten years to my face, but who has the time to care that I probably look like my kids grandmother right?

I also thought I'd get a little tattoo done this summer, I know exactly what I want and asked my best friend to design one for me, since she has artistic talent coming out of her ears. So I should at least get that accomplished, maybe throw in a spa day and pamper myself a little too.

The guy I call my husband is off for the summer. Wonderful having him home and all that, specially since the kids get to see a lot of him. Unfortunately I haven't gotten to see much of him except for last Sunday when we both spent the entire evening at Roasters drinking coffee and snacking on appetizers. It's our "thing" you know, to go out and find a quiet little cafe type place where we spend hours just chatting while trying various items from the menu. Sadly, we did that more when we were dating, and now manage to squeeze in a few "cafe hunts" a year when the kids are tucked away at grandma's.

I love that alone time with him, we either have nice quiet chats about this and that, or fierce debates which scare the waiters into staying away from our table. No mushy hand holding, gazing into each others eyes crap for us. we leave that to the young ones who when they have kids someday will understand the importance of choosing a partner you can talk to if nothing else. ;)

How mindless was this post? :D

Must rush.. I have a ton of things to do before we get ready to head out this evening. More updates as and when.


Cheers!!

No comments: