Saturday, March 1, 2008

People Need To Get A Grip!

Have you noticed how people always ask you where your kids are if you don't have them tagging around with you? I notice that every single time I venture out on my own, and more and more it's beginning to annoy me. They barely get past hello and BHAM... "Where are the kids?" Some look downright confused, while others almost panic, as if my kids wherever they are cannot breathe because I'm not there to tell them how. It's really quite disturbing when people see you as "just mom" and not "woman who is on her way to get her nails done, because they're threatening to fall off due to neglect and abuse".

I began to hit those people with humor, but it didn't work. One middle aged lady looked at me in disgust when I said "Oh we sold the kids" another friend looked bewildered. How dumb are people? Maybe they just don't get humor laced with sarcasm, personally I quite enjoy it. Not my problem if they insist on asking me the same question everytime they see me minus kids, they could always ask how I'm doing, but no, they either love to see my kids or they don't want to be bored with my ramblings. But they better get used to it, because I've started going out on my own more this year than before, and people need not panic because what I grew in my belly are not permanently attached to my hands!

1 comment:

MommyBrainReports said...

LMAO.. OMG.. too funny! We were at the grocery store the other day, and my parents surprised us there. They took the kids and let them shop with them while we shopped in peace... Yes.. every one we ran into asked us where the girls were... With the grandparents DUH... LOL I figure next time I'll tell them I left them in dairy since they wanted some milk..