Monday, March 3, 2008

Born Again Virgin?

Is Christianity reaching a whole new level of spirituality? I'm sure they are, and I'm also sure that women are reaching a whole new level of insanity! Not for them the new trends of fashion, why bother when you can get down to where it really matters?... your vagina! The newest way to rediscover yourself (or gloss over your checkered past) is... "revirginization" or hymen restoration. I kid you not, it really is a new trend, and you can read all about it here.

Much as I try, I cannot wrap my mind around this. What purpose does it serve I ask, even after reading all about how it's for women who want to "reclaim" their virginity. Aside from wondering why anyone in their right mind would like to do that, I wonder how they think they can accomplish such a feat by replacing their hymen with a new one. Do the doctors also work on memory removal while they're at it? or has pretense taken on a whole new meaning?

I'm sure this is not like a boob job or a tummy tuck, those make you look better. This would do what? Mislead the man who you decide to sleep with after the surgery? Is it really that important for women to pacify a man? themselves? I can't figure it out. I mean if I wanted to give my husband resistance, all I have to do is indulge in a ton of housework, and let the daily stresses of life get the better of me, and at the end of the day when he wants to... you know ;) he'll be met with so much resistance, that it would take every ounce of his masculinity to break down that barrier.

Some of them claim it's a new way for them to embrace abstinence. Really now? You need a surgery which will cost you thousands of dollars to do that? Can't you just say "No?"

3 comments:

MommyBrainReports said...

New Boobs- $7000
New Face- $5000
New Hair-Do - $125

New Re-virginized whoo-ha... Priceless

NOT. why would anyone want to go thru the pain of the surgery, then re-live that sort of pain of first sex... and then... oh wait.. there is no and then.. it's a one time deal.. so then, do they do the surgery again? What a waste of money..

. said...

I agree. Total nonsense! I can't think of a single reason why this surgery would be beneficial.

Moderator said...

I was revirginized for a time, but really it was just because no one would sleep with me.